Opening Scenes Research Video

   


  In my pursuit of knowledge, I came across a very insightful youtube video about the different ways one could start their film. The video is linked here.

    The video broke down some of the possible narrative or stylistic routes one could take when creating an opening scene, namely character introductions, character relationships, and genre conventions. The films used to better explain/show how these film opening techniques could be employed majorly come from the drama genre along with some action films, but the genre didn't matter much in the context of the video-only for the part exclusively talking about genre conventions. 

    The video is enticing me to go with an opening that builds a character or a dynamic between two characters rather than something that "bends genre." I think as an amateur creator, going into something as complex as that is unwise and seems hard, as I would need to be familiar with elements of two whole genres. Character building seems much more in my wheelhouse and it seems easier to do it in my allowed running time for the opening(2 minutes.)





No comments:

Post a Comment

Project Components

OH MY GOD ITS TIME HERE'S MY FINAL PRODUCT!!  FILM FILE GLUTTONY POSTCARD FRONT BACK SOCIAL MEDIA TWITTER: @gluttonymovie