THE VISION

 



    The main source of inspiration for the narrative of my opening was a season 2 episode of Spongebob Squarepants titled "Squidville." In the episode, a particular scene depicts Squidward in a series of graphic match cuts that show Squidward growing more and more depressed as his repetitive life grows staler and staler. In my opening, I want to mimic this kind of graphic match shot to emphasize how repetitive my unnamed main character's life is. I understand how impossible that sounds to replicate in live-action production, especially as an amateur filmmaker, but it is a challenge I want to take on. 

    The shot would be a good 40 seconds of the production, having the character look into the camera in the same framing and position in a variety of locations, (possibly) including in bed, in school, on a bus, at work, and in the bathroom. I would like the framing of the head to be as seamless and similar as possible, but slight alterations on the face like hair and clothing could be different. The effectiveness of the shot would be resting on my own ability to edit the video well enough for the faces to match with each shot, and being as well-versed in multiple Adobe editing software as I am, I feel like it is something that I could be able to do. 

    There are other ways to create the feeling this shot would be trying to convey to audiences, but the idea of the graphic match cut is so enticing and I really want to make it work. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Project Components

OH MY GOD ITS TIME HERE'S MY FINAL PRODUCT!!  FILM FILE GLUTTONY POSTCARD FRONT BACK SOCIAL MEDIA TWITTER: @gluttonymovie