Group Meeting

     

    Today I met with some of my classmates to discuss our personal progress on each of our short films, and in it, I was blessed with reassurance that I wasn't too behind everyone else. If you are up to date in the MannySpace lore, you would know that I am still deciding between two potential narratives for my short film. In this group meeting, my friends helped me gauge between the two choices and I am closer to electing one now.

    I was happy to hear that both of my ideas were ones they liked. They said that the burglar narrative had a Coen brothers type of feel to it and it could be pretty funny, and they also liked the darkness and mind-bending nature of the "gluttony" narrative. They relayed the same type of concerns I had for both, including lighting, location, and acting performances being the crux of both projects(they would both be kind of hard to film) but they stressed that it didn't matter because they both looked fun. Of the two, however, they were impressed more by the ending and aesthetic of the Gluttony narrative, and it sparked something in me that is now pushing me closer toward choosing it over the burglary. 

    I didn't exactly receive an answer or make any big decisions in this group meeting- I didn't come to class specifically hoping for one. What I got was a lot of reassurance that my ideas were good, and no matter what I inevitably chose it would be fun to watch.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Project Components

OH MY GOD ITS TIME HERE'S MY FINAL PRODUCT!!  FILM FILE GLUTTONY POSTCARD FRONT BACK SOCIAL MEDIA TWITTER: @gluttonymovie