It's Decided.

 



    I decided on a narrative idea for my short film, and it just so happens to be something outside of the two ideas I listed in my last post. I'm still running with the concept of "gluttony" from the first of my two ideas, just in a different way. 

    The original idea was supposed to be a very experimental and offsetting flick. Though the concept was wacky enough to make for an enticing watch, it most likely would have looked tacky and not had the justice it deserved without an INSANE acting performance. It was hard for me to accept this fact, as I badly wanted to play with the idea of gluttony in a context other than food, but luckily I was able to restructure my idea to make it not only easier for myself but also more effective and straightforward in its message. 

    My new film would have 3 characters having a conversation in a single room for the duration of the picture, each demonstrating a different level of gluttony. The most overt form of gluttony would be characterized by one of the characters hammering food into their mouth the entire time, the second form of gluttony would be characterized by a character who is addicted to attention or themselves(a glutton to their own ego,) and lastly, the deepest most commonly accepted form of gluttony these days, gluttony of media, would be characterized through a character who would never look up from their computer once during the conversation. The second and third levels of gluttony would be bombarding the first with insults, showing how society dismisses their own gluttonous behavior and only ever responds to the main one they interpret.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Project Components

OH MY GOD ITS TIME HERE'S MY FINAL PRODUCT!!  FILM FILE GLUTTONY POSTCARD FRONT BACK SOCIAL MEDIA TWITTER: @gluttonymovie