Inspiration

  
    My main line of inspiration for my piece is the 2022 Aronofsky film The Whale, and, in more ways than one, I plan to incorporate elements from the film into my piece. The protagonist of the whale is a 600 pound male, and the movie has many disturbing scenes of him practicing his gluttonous addiction, but that is not the main line of inspiration I plan to take away from this film. 
   
    The setting of the movie is one element id like to incorporate into mine. The film takes place in one house for the entire runtime, and in doing this it allows for the few characters featured in the film to be shown at their most human state through dialogue. I aim to play to that same benefit in having the setting not be a main focus of the feature so I can also focus directly on my characters. 

    Further, there are scenes where theprotagonist casually hammers food into his mouth during conversation and we can tell what he is thinking based on the way he looks while he does it(hesitance, regret, relief.) I plan to mimic this during the conversation my characters would have with the character representing the main form of gluttony. 

   The short film I make will not be as hopeful and heartfelt as The Whale, but there are specific elements of the movie I will adapt into mine. I plan to rewatch The Whale (i've only watched it in theaters a few months ago) to better my understanding of theway the cinematographers develop such a tragic and sympathetic character. 
    

No comments:

Post a Comment

Project Components

OH MY GOD ITS TIME HERE'S MY FINAL PRODUCT!!  FILM FILE GLUTTONY POSTCARD FRONT BACK SOCIAL MEDIA TWITTER: @gluttonymovie