Group Meeting

 


    Today, I met with some of my classmates and we discussed each of our openings and the respective progress we've made on each of them. When it came time for us to collectively discuss my progress specifically, I was offered a few suggestions I came to really like as well as a nice reassurance about my own progress. 

    For one, they really liked the idea of the opening montage with the changing backgrounds. They were impartial when it came to the green screen vs. practical shots for the montage, but they agreed that the green screen would be much easier and result in a more fluid effect. 

    Additionally, my friend Aneesa brought up an idea for the end of the montage shot, that idea having to do with sound. What she proposed was that I have a growing drone sound play during the montage or simply have the chatter that plays in the background grow increasingly louder, and then as soon as I wanted to end the montage, I cut to silence. This gives the montage gravity through a dramatic effect. 

    Also, my group agreed that it would be better if I showed my credits before the film opens as opposed to before it opens because if I played credits during any scene, it automatically makes whatever scene is playing unimportant, and that is definitely not a good idea, as the two major scenes I plan to include in the opening are supposed to be integral to the story. 

    In terms of my progress, I was assured that I was not behind on my filming schedule, which was relieving because I was sure I was behind in comparison to my classmates. Only one person in my group had filmed already, and others were planning on doing so this weekend or over spring break. 

    Something I did realize I was behind in, however, was the rest of the production after the montage. I realized through speaking with others just how clueless I was about what was supposed to happen after the montage ends. I only have a semblance of an idea of what should happen afterward based on the type of film I would be making, but no clear idea as to what I would fit into the time id have left. The scene would have to evoke mystery and would act as a close that would entice audiences to continue watching, but in the genre my film is, that mysterious type of scene isn't normally in the very beginning of the work-definitely not the second scene. 

    This group meeting was beneficial in that it brought forth some helpful feedback on certain ideas of mine, a great idea for a way I could improve the montage itself, and, most importantly, a wake-up call to get on it with finalizing the second half of the production. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Project Components

OH MY GOD ITS TIME HERE'S MY FINAL PRODUCT!!  FILM FILE GLUTTONY POSTCARD FRONT BACK SOCIAL MEDIA TWITTER: @gluttonymovie