How to Talk like a Professional

    

   

    For the part of the scene in the second half of my work where Julie is on the phone with the lady from the law firm(I named her Diana,) I need to sell the typical corporate, gushy type of speech from Diana, in particular, to make her call detailing Julie's rejection authentic. An easy way I decided to figure out this kind of language was to look through images of job rejection letters on Google

This is the specific example I used to write Diana's dialogue. 

    As for Julie, I wanted her to also sound professional in her response to Diana over the call, so I also decided I'd look up how to respond to job rejection letters. Instead of looking at images, I looked at websites detailing the basic things one should say in response to the employer to remain respectful and professional, the most important points being thanking the employer for the opportunity to interview regardless of the result and hoping to hear from again if a spot opens up in the future. The main website I used can be found here.

    After researching this professional speak, I was able to write a basic phone call interaction between Diana and Julie. It is the finalized script I plan to use in my opening, and I timed it out to be 35 seconds more or less. Here it is:





No comments:

Post a Comment

Project Components

OH MY GOD ITS TIME HERE'S MY FINAL PRODUCT!!  FILM FILE GLUTTONY POSTCARD FRONT BACK SOCIAL MEDIA TWITTER: @gluttonymovie