Equipment

 

    Before filming, I have put thought into which kinds of equipment I'm going to need to get the shots I need, and SPOILER ALERT it's not a lot. 

    The main camera I have used for all the footage I've collected in the last year has been my iPhone 13. The camera has a built-in cinematic mode that I liked playing with but I didn't/don't plan to overuse it. Another plus of using an iPhone is that all the footage can easily be exported and shared between the Mac I use to edit all of my stuff. For this project, I don't plan on using anything different, so that makes my iPhone my first item. 

    My second item is a tripod. I don't own one of my own, but I know of ways to rent them out or people to borrow them from. I don't use them as much as I should, but that lack of expertise will not ruin my shots. Pretty straightforward. 

    As for props, I'm likely gonna need a pizza box, a laptop, a pillow or blanket, and possibly some assorted snacks I could find in my pantry. The pizza box is the crux of my entire opening scene, the laptop is central to Medea's character, and the other two would only be necessary for (i expect to be) the last few shots of my production. 

    As much as I enjoyed playing with the green screen in last year's piece, I chose not to incorporate any big special effects-type elements into my piece. Considering the piece is semi-grounded in reality, there's not much of a need for any green screen techniques if it really does take place in just one room. 

    So there it is. I am glad I don't need much equipment for this film; this is going to be the cheapest/lowest maintenance production I've made this far in my production history. Here's to hoping I didn't forget anything.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Project Components

OH MY GOD ITS TIME HERE'S MY FINAL PRODUCT!!  FILM FILE GLUTTONY POSTCARD FRONT BACK SOCIAL MEDIA TWITTER: @gluttonymovie