Script is Dunzo

     It took a while, but I finally finished my script. I went through three drafts before I landed on one I was in love with. 


A lil snippet for y'all.

    The writing process was honestly pretty rough. I needed a lot of reassurance and advice from the internet and my peers to balance and develop thematic elements of three distinct characters in ARGUMENT FORM. I needed to constantly change dialogue to make it sound natural and choose words extremely carefully to build character in a particular way. For example, a conversation that would naturally start delving into a philosophical debate is not something that would play well on film(boring and a just me type of thing,) so I had to ask my friends if certain phrases and sentences sounded normal. 

    Something kind of cool about my script is that the main inspiration I drew from the argument is stuff I found within chat logs from text group chats I'm in. I'm not so sure it plays so well in person so we'll have to wait till I film it, but I almost verbatim featured a smartass exchange about "the dictionary definition of a word" that my friend and I had in a heated little argument about something unimportant(would love to paste it here but that would be a bit intrusive.) 

    I expect the script to be even more dynamic and natural one it comes to filming, I'm probably going to allow most lines to be altered improvisational depending on the kind of performance my actors give. Even though I have a specific vision for what my actors should act like, I know I can't expect Oscar-winning performances out of them, so I'm going to be open in that regard. 

    

No comments:

Post a Comment

Project Components

OH MY GOD ITS TIME HERE'S MY FINAL PRODUCT!!  FILM FILE GLUTTONY POSTCARD FRONT BACK SOCIAL MEDIA TWITTER: @gluttonymovie