Postcard Research

 


    In researching the print component of my project, I came across some postcards I think I can take some inspiration from, starting with the one above. This postcard is very effective; I feel like speaks so much about the tone of the piece without really giving anything about the plot away. The darkness in the composition and limited lighting gives off a very "monologue-ey" type of feel that is characteristic of stage plays when a spotlight is shined onto one actor in particular. More specifically, it makes me feel like I am going to enter a very personal piece that focuses predominantly on how these people are feeling or what they are thinking. Both of the subjects looking down give an undermining hopelessness to the entire composition. Aside from the actual composition, the formal TNR typeface along with the huge attention to the accolades gives the impression that the film is very serious and professionally made. The white on black makes a nice contrast that makes for a visually pleasing and once again very serious looking piece. 


    This postcard is also relatively effective(no complaints about the composition), but it has one big problem- the text. I think the review does not need to take up an entire fourth of the text section; it should be a bit smaller font-wise and quote-wise. While the typeface is good and the title is big enough to deduce that it is the title, I think the text directly below the title needs to be a bit separated from the title. Overall, the text side is a bit jumbled, but the biggest deal because the viewer can still read and understand everything. The composition does a good job of matching the blue backdrop to the text portion with the bluish filter it has. 

    Among the two postcards, I think that the first one is a bit better looking, but the second one is more in line with what my post card will look like. It will likely be the same type of format with a still from my piece(i'd probably pick my favorite shot from the piece) and without a long review like the second one has.  


No comments:

Post a Comment

Project Components

OH MY GOD ITS TIME HERE'S MY FINAL PRODUCT!!  FILM FILE GLUTTONY POSTCARD FRONT BACK SOCIAL MEDIA TWITTER: @gluttonymovie