Work Smarter, Not Harder

 



    In planning out the production side of my project, I have honed in on two specific pitfalls of past projects that I need to avoid going forward to make the process much easier. 

1. Limit your locations.

    Last year, I made the decision to film in multiple different locations, and all it did was make it much harder to edit and a nightmare to schedule. Even though it seemed like a fun idea to film in many different locations, it just makes your job a lot harder as an amateur. To prevent myself from going through this trouble again, I chose to have my film take place in one room. Because of this, I am able to get all my filming done in one day and my actors are not annoyed at the commitment they must make.

2. Show, don't tell

    My last project was a bit too straightforward in its dialogue, including lines that communicated what could be impressed through the camera shots and subtle acting. I haven't storyboarded my piece yet, but I need to make a specific consideration of this as I begin to outline what I want the piece to look like to avoid my piece from being redundant and a "dumb watch."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Project Components

OH MY GOD ITS TIME HERE'S MY FINAL PRODUCT!!  FILM FILE GLUTTONY POSTCARD FRONT BACK SOCIAL MEDIA TWITTER: @gluttonymovie