FIlming Day 2

    So I did end up scrapping everything I had before to shoot everything again. The result?

30 TIMES BETTER THAN BEFORE!

    The shoot was infinitely better than the one from before. I was much more prepared than the last time I filmed, knowing exactly what I wanted out of my actors after seeing what worked and what didn't the last time we filmed. I even made a new, much more detailed set of storyboards for the new shoot.



    There were many shots that I wasn't a fan of in the first version of my storyboard after seeing them visualized on video, including this one of Erick's character(not named.) Given that he is meant to emit a menacing presence, it made sense to frame him this time around from a low angle to show his dominance rather than at this random angle I thought looked good at the moment. 
Day one shot
 
Day two shot
       
    Not only did the cinematography get better with better preparation, but I also was able to coordinate my shots and shoot the entire film on the same day. What this tells me is that even though I messed up the first time, my theory about filming it all in a single day still followed true in the end. I filmed everything that required daylight so fast that I was able to hang out and relax before filming the scenes with Natalia in her brother's dark room at night. 


The second shoot was less stressful than the last and gave me all the footage I needed to truly depict my creative vision for this piece. It wasn't perfect, but it was so insanely worth starting from scratch.

Nice decision Manny!!
    


No comments:

Post a Comment

Project Components

OH MY GOD ITS TIME HERE'S MY FINAL PRODUCT!!  FILM FILE GLUTTONY POSTCARD FRONT BACK SOCIAL MEDIA TWITTER: @gluttonymovie