Which (soft)Ware Would I Want

 


    I finally get to talk about editing! After considering the simplicity of my film and the complete lack of any real special effects like I had in my last big project, I might not need to go through the stress of trying to learn and insert all kinds of editing effects into my piece this time around. As such, I am unsure if I even need to edit in Premiere for this particular project.  

    The only real alternative would be iMovie, as it's the software I am the second most versed in(second to Premiere.) To many, it is the poor man's Premiere, having vastly less effects and a much simpler way to organize clips. In this case, simpler means worse, because it limits the editor in what they can do. However, what about when there is no need to go that hard at all? Is it worth going with the easier option if all I need to do is easy edits? In my eyes, the answer is yes.

    For the first time in my editing career, I am consciously demoting from Premeire to iMovie to edit a professional project. It sounds kind of stupid to declare it, but this rationalization poses a fairly convincing argument for making the change. Hopefully I won't regret it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Project Components

OH MY GOD ITS TIME HERE'S MY FINAL PRODUCT!!  FILM FILE GLUTTONY POSTCARD FRONT BACK SOCIAL MEDIA TWITTER: @gluttonymovie