Editing + Title Font

   

    My experience editing this project was much more complicated than it had to be, more so than I have ever made it before. 

    In my last post, I said I would use iMovie to edit rather than premiere because of time reasons and because I was curious to see if it really was as bad as I'd heard. I was not regretting my option while editing, it honestly wasn't that bad, but there were certain perks from Premiere that I was really missing from Premiere. Among these perks are the ability to separate clips at any rate I wished(iMovie smashes every clip in the timeline together) and the obvious one, keyframing. The entire title sequence and credits were impossible to make in iMovie(in the way I wanted it to look,) so I cut my losses and used one of iMovie's crappy title fill-ins to make my title sequence...

No, I didn't. Nobody should ever do that.

    I edited as much footage as I could in iMovie excluding the Title sequence and the end credits before exporting and shooting it into Premiere to do those two things. While I was there, I had some sort of creative explosion in my head and ended up keyframing a ton of stuff, fixing sound problems to playing with lighting effects and opacity. I also decided I wanted to insert a few voiceover lines to fix some bad line deliveries from my actors, and I edited those up real nice to sound as natural as possible. 

    As for the title, I found a font that I thought complimented the piece pretty well. The font is called "ROMANA" and it's really big and fat. I felt like the idea of overindulging/stuffing yourself was communicated in the chunky line width of the font, so I ended up using it. I will use the same color and font on the postcard I have in the works. 

    The editing of this project is something I'm fairly proud of; it's not anywhere near some masterclass editing job but it did the narrative justice. I was way less confident in my footage going into the editing job, and once I finished editing I feel kind of stupid for thinking it was irredeemable. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Project Components

OH MY GOD ITS TIME HERE'S MY FINAL PRODUCT!!  FILM FILE GLUTTONY POSTCARD FRONT BACK SOCIAL MEDIA TWITTER: @gluttonymovie