Postcard


Now for the last piece of the puzzle, the postcard. I developed a mock up in class one morning on a whim for the kind of poster image I hoped to achieve. Here’s what it was.


While this mock up had no literal connection to the footage I shot or what would happen in the piece, it is a thematic representation of the levels of gluttony I aspired to target in my film. The first and most obvious, gluttony of food, is represented by the huge man dominating the cover. The second level, gluttony of ego, is represented in the man eating a smaller scale version of himself. Lastly, gluttony of media, the last level portrayed in the film, is represented by the two eye sockets of the man being smaller versions of himself, as people who overexpose themselves to media “eat with their eyes.”

As of today, I managed to pull together a final product based on this mock-up. Here is the front.


   I naturally found it fitting to give the man more details and color him in. Even though the big man and the smaller mouth and eyes men are kind of cartoonish, I don’t think it really takes away from the piece’s effectiveness or delivery of its theme. I found that darker color matched with the darkish tonality of the piece and as such incorporated black and crimson red for the titles(the white is kind of just a contrast to the black.)

   I didn’t plan this side like I did the front, but here is the back of my postcard.



    This background graphic is a turkey leg with a big, ugly eyeball. Though it’s simplistic and once again very cartoonish looking, the meaning one is meant to deduce from imagery like this makes it a fitting choice. The eyeball being on the turkey leg is almost like saying that we consume what we see/ are exposed to in the same way that we consume food. Aside from the graphic, I have the dates for the Tribeca film festival showings on this side together with the social media. I was originally just going to put the Twitter account because that's the only real promotional social media, but I also figured that I would upload the full film to Youtube eventually so my friends could see. 

    Now with the postcard done, I AM FINALLY DONE WITH EVERYTHING!! REFLECTION AND FINAL POST IMMINENT!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Project Components

OH MY GOD ITS TIME HERE'S MY FINAL PRODUCT!!  FILM FILE GLUTTONY POSTCARD FRONT BACK SOCIAL MEDIA TWITTER: @gluttonymovie