Power in Paper

    Storyboarding is an important part of the pre-planning process, and something that is necessary to evade difficulty/confusion on filming day.  The storyboards I made in preparation for my shoot are completely unprofessional, but I found them to be pretty helpful regardless of what they looked like on paper. 


    The storyboards started off pretty tame, abiding by the structure of the organized worksheet I was handed to me. Through these, I would be able to insert bits of character expression and plan detailed background elements for each shot. 


    When the times got rough and I was out of organized boxes, however, I became lazy and decided to just start doodling on the back as opposed to printing out some more pages. These shots were super lacking in detail and weren't able to paint a scene as well as the other ones, but I didn't exactly try to do anything like that in these storyboards. They mostly became a way for me to write down a digestible list of shots I needed to have (better than looking at my script and crossing off every line that was shot.)

    Looking back I kind of wish I had the paper to have drawn everything on the bigger printed boxes, but the drawn ones are still going to do me right. Plus, I had much more fun drawing on those than the printed ones. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Project Components

OH MY GOD ITS TIME HERE'S MY FINAL PRODUCT!!  FILM FILE GLUTTONY POSTCARD FRONT BACK SOCIAL MEDIA TWITTER: @gluttonymovie