Filming Day!

 Today, I finally managed to get some filming done. Even though I assumed I would only need one day, I definitely I need a second day to reshoot some shots. One major problem arose during the filming, testing my ability to improvise. 

    The house we were filming in was honestly pretty horrible in terms of lighting.  The living room I wanted to shoot in had a long window- strip above a set of blinds(could be considered a skylight.) I wish I got a clear picture of it to put in this blog, but all I have is the hellish, blinding light that it produced in the picture above. 


    The first idea I had to combat this lighting was to simply close the shades and lower the amount of light in the room(the one I filmed in was the one on the right,) but doing this only made the skylight more blinding as it stood out more against the dark. Next, I decided that it would be better to just start reshooting all of my footage in the other living room in the house, but that was problematic because there simply wasn't enough light in that room. What resulted from this was a full inability to find some sort of perfect lighting in either room and a choice. I would either keep shooting in the room I had been, or scrap everything and possibly try again a day without a beating sun. Though the second choice would have been a smart "live and learn" type situation, I knew that I needed to stick it out and choose the first option. 

    The majority of the shots looked fine, but a few are slightly disjointed and regrettably a bit lower than I would have liked because the awkward lighting would create glares that would disrupt the entire shot. I filmed around 60% of what I needed to(intentionally,) and the second day was only going to require one of my actors, but in case the lighting isn't as bad on the second try, I might as well try to get some reshoots done. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Project Components

OH MY GOD ITS TIME HERE'S MY FINAL PRODUCT!!  FILM FILE GLUTTONY POSTCARD FRONT BACK SOCIAL MEDIA TWITTER: @gluttonymovie