To Green Screen or Not to Green Screen?


    While storyboarding, I really started considering all of my options with my opening montage. There were two options for the background switch effect I was hoping for, those two being a green screen effect and a fully practical background switch(multiple shots at each location.) Initially, I was set on the practical version, because I felt that it would be only slightly challenging to edit in post-production, but now I'm scare of it being way too challenging. The worst part about this is that the only way to really see if the effect will be fluid(or worth the hassle, even) is to go and shoot it first. 

    So once again, I ask myself the question: Is a green screen the move here? 

    The cost of a green screen cannot be that bad, and it seems that there will still be a "hassle" in post involving the lighting changes with the backgrounds, but even with that, I am really starting to open up to the green screen idea. There are also two benefits to the montage itself that I can benefit off of, those two things being the ability to have the subject move around a bit during the shots (with it still being a fluid picture) and the possibility of an insanely subtle slow zoom out from Julia's face as the scene plays. Everything about the green screen seems much cleaner, and now that all of the pros and cons have been considered, I think I can concretely say I am going to stick with the green screen choice. 

    

No comments:

Post a Comment

Project Components

OH MY GOD ITS TIME HERE'S MY FINAL PRODUCT!!  FILM FILE GLUTTONY POSTCARD FRONT BACK SOCIAL MEDIA TWITTER: @gluttonymovie