Smile, Inc. Editing

 

Today, I edited The opening for the imaginary film I created called Smile, Inc. Here's how it went.

    After compiling around 2 minutes of footage and importing each video into my premiere file, I had realized that each of the videos were overexposed and were low quality for some odd reason. This had always been a problem with making certain projects and it always perplexed me, but today, since the project is a much bigger deal than those past projects, I decided to get to the bottom of it. 

    After a bit of research, I had come to the realization that each of my videos had automatically been filmed in a filter of sorts called HDR on iPhone. Basically, HDR gives videos a much more saturated look and makes videos look prettier overall, but when put into certain editing softwares, the color/lighting settings ar too much for the program to handle, and when the program doesn't know what to do, the video come out very overexposed and yellow looking. Apparently, I found that there was no real way to get rid of the HDR feature on my phone, but I found a video that taught me how to convert HDR video to regular lighting. The video I used to fix the HDR issue can be found right here.

    I found the editing for this project fairly easy; besides having to learn how to make a green screen more aggressive to make the shadows and wrinkles on the screen itself disappear, I had come into the editing process already knowing how to use premiere and color correct.  It didn't take too long to edit, as it was only 2 minutes long, but something that I found myself editing in much more than I had previously expected to do so was incorporate royalty free sfx into it.  Audio elements like clicks, phone buzzing, dramatic build up, and a camera zoom sound truly enhanced the opening once I put them in. 

    Now that I am done with the opening, I can move into editing my CCR. I don't know the exact time my CCR will come out to being at the end, but let's just hope that it's just as fun and easy to edit as this was. 

    

No comments:

Post a Comment

Project Components

OH MY GOD ITS TIME HERE'S MY FINAL PRODUCT!!  FILM FILE GLUTTONY POSTCARD FRONT BACK SOCIAL MEDIA TWITTER: @gluttonymovie